Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fear and Abandonment

I've been wanting to start a writing blog for some time now...and now is the time. My fear has been...who the heck wants to read what I write....and what if I don't sound intellectual enough (comparing myself to my very worldly and wordly brother, Wally Torta Crackskull Bob Sparky Donatello and my supersmart, culturally perspicacious and generally head-screwed-on-right sister, which I have done most of my life); and what if someone reads this and thinks I should be reported to the FBI?.

So, now that I think I'm old enough to die having lived a half-way decent life, I throw caution to the unusually high wind for these parts due to global warming, and put my writing self out there. I suppose the worst thing would be, NO COMMENTS. Maybe I shouldn't....

And yes, I have started out in an exploitive sort of way by mentioning my brother's name. Well, you don't expect me to cut off an arm, do you? Like, I don't believe I can just do it on my own? Well, that's exactly what I am hoping to prove by starting this blog; that I can do it without mentioning Wally Torta et al.

See...I've already gotten off to a shaky start.

1 comment:

wally said...

Uh-huh. Well, you can see what my coattails have done for you. Zippo. But I think this will be a good forum for you. A lot cheaper than therapy.